We are looking for a highly analytical and detail-oriented professional to join our Singapore office to support our OTC trading desk.
About Independent Reserve:
Founded in 2013, Independent Reserve’s vision was to build Australia’s most secure and trusted way to buy Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. Our aim was to transform cryptocurrency technology into secure, robust and regulated financial services, and to do things the right way.
We have now grown to serve over 200,000 customers from Australia, New Zealand and Singapore, who trust Independent Reserve to easily buy and sell Bitcoin, Ethereum, XRP and other major cryptocurrencies. Independent Reserve offers a range of innovative features, including the KPMG tax reports, AutoTrader, API integration and world-class security.
Recently we were the first cryptocurrency exchange in Singapore to receive a licence from MAS (the local regulator), ahead of 170 global competitors. Moreover, we have plenty of exciting product and marketing developments planned over the next 12 months.
In response to our continued growth and success, we are expanding our OTC Trading Desk team and are looking for passionate and driven talent with experience in Institutional dealing, FX markets and digital currency markets.
About The Role:
Independent Reserve Singapore is seeking a highly capable middle office manager. This foundational role for the Singapore office will suit an experienced operator, with a background in institutional middle office/settlements. A broad understanding and interest in cryptocurrency and/or traditional foreign exchange markets will be highly regarded.
You will be supported by key management, compliance, and a sales team, in the Singapore office, as well as an established middle office function in the Sydney office. This role would best suit a diligent worker, who is aware of all aspects of the OTC trade lifecycle and is eager to join a fast-paced and innovative environment.
The Independent Reserve Group is in a growth phase and operates with a small number of operational staff. In addition to being required to execute your primary role to a high standard, you will also be required from time to time, to execute tasks outside of your primary role to support the operation of the exchange.
The role will have plenty of scope for growth in addition to the key requirements of the role:
- Drafting and sending trade confirmations
- Preparing settlements
- Carrying out daily and weekly trade balance reconciliations
- Working with the Banking teams to ensure timely settlements with customers and liquidity partners
- Carrying out client verifications and new customer onboarding within the KYC and AML protocol
- Reporting to key stakeholders, upper management and regulators as required
- Managing trading orders through order books and liquidity providers
- Carrying out ad-hoc project work as required
Experience and skills we are looking for:
- Ideally a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role – Forex experience highly regarded
- A detailed understanding of the trade confirmation and settlement process, as well as exceptional detail in trading risk across multiple currencies
- Comfortable working with internal and external clients and stakeholders
- Proven ability to improve processes, reduce risks or increase customer satisfaction
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent focus and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively handle competing priorities and adapt quickly to change
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressure, fast-paced, and dynamic environment
- Self-motivated team player
Other skills and experience which would be ideal:
- Digital currency trading experience highly regarded
What We Can Offer:
- A challenging and rewarding role in a fast-paced and dynamic industry
- An international work environment and flat organisation
- Great career development opportunities in a growing company
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours, casual work attire