We’re seeking an experienced office and KYC administrator to work with multiple stakeholders to ensure the smooth running of the office and to assist with the onboarding of clients.
About Independent Reserve:
Founded in 2013, Independent Reserve’s vision was to build Australia’s most secure and trusted way to buy Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. Our aim was to transform cryptocurrency technology into secure, robust and regulated financial services, and to do things the right way.
We have now grown to serve over 200,000 customers from Australia, New Zealand and Singapore, who trust Independent Reserve to easily buy and sell Bitcoin, Ethereum, XRP and other major cryptocurrencies. Independent Reserve offers a range of innovative features, including the KPMG tax reports, AutoTrader, API integration and world-class security.
Recently we were the first cryptocurrency exchange in Singapore to receive a licence from MAS (the local regulator), ahead of 170 global competitors. Moreover, we have plenty of exciting product and marketing developments planned over the next 12 months.
In response to our continued growth and success, we are expanding our Singapore office and are looking for a well-organised and proactive office administrator with a can-do attitude to join the team.
About the role:
Reporting to the MD of the Singapore office, this is a varied role and will require an experienced office administrator to multitask and work with multiple stakeholders to ensure the smooth running of the office as well as assisting with the onboarding of clients, carrying out KYC verifications and providing 1st line support to customers.
You will be enthusiastic, flexible and able to demonstrate initiative across a range of tasks. You will also have a high level of attention to detail and be able to demonstrate organisational and prioritisation skills to manage multiple tasks at the same time.
Key responsibilities include:
- Undertaking the KYC for new and existing corporate clients in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations
- Communicating with internal teams and external clients to ensure CDD collection is undertaken promptly: following up as necessary to manage outstanding CDD
- Conducting research utilising available systems, databases, and the internet, to ensure the resolution of investigations
- Ensuring customer expectations are managed appropriately and providing regular onboarding status updates to new clients and internal stakeholders
- As 1st line support, responding to customer queries and resolving issues in a timely manner, and where necessary escalating any issues to the Support Team in Sydney
- Collating and preparing data in Excel to form the basis of reports
- Preparing any filings to IRAS or ACRA that don’t require 3rd party Corporate Secretary/Work Passes etc.
- Organising or assisting with the coordination of meetings, events, travel etc.
- Processing invoices, payments and expense claims (Xero)
- Creating and updating records and databases with personnel, financial and other data
- Performing general office management duties such as liaising with suppliers, organising quotes, ordering and maintaining office supplies and equipment etc.
- Carrying out other ad hoc administrative duties as requested
Skills and experience we are looking for:
- A minimum of 2 years’ KYC experience is preferred - must have a keen eye for detail and a risk mindset
- Ability to understand customer issues, communicate customer requirements and to contribute to the development of creative customer-centric solutions
- Strong relationship management skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organised with the ability to work as a team player
- Experience in a rapidly moving team environment
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and manage time effectively
- English as a first language, Mandarin as a second language would be an advantage
Other skills and experience which would be ideal:
- Experience in Banking or Financial Services industries is an advantage
- Customer service experience is an advantage
What we offer:
- A varied and rewarding role in a fast-paced and dynamic industry
- An international work environment and flat organisation
- Ongoing training and support
- Great career development opportunities in a growing company
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours and casual work attire